So you have decided it is time to start your SKIN-vestment, congrats! Now where do you start? Use this helpful guide to prepare you for your first appointment and what to expect.
Preparing for a Facial or Consultation
Believe it or not a facial treatment is easy to prepare for! Follow these 10 easy steps to prepare:
1. Avoid using Retinols, AHAs, BHAs, or prescription topicals such as Retin-A or Tretinoin for at least 72 hours before your appointment. This will help you avoid any skin irritation, redness or discomfort during your treatment.
2. If your appointment is in the morning before 12pm you will want to avoid doing your AM routine for that morning.
3. It is recommended to remove any make up, including tinted SPF before your appointment. If you forget that is okay, but it may cut into your facial time.
4. Always keep your esthetician informed on any health changes, procedures, medication changes, and diet changes.
5. If you are using new products outside of the recommendations by your esthetician it is important to bring them with you to your appointment to discuss the ingredients and keep a note in your chart.
6. Your appointment reminder will send you health forms and consents prior to your treatment, fill these out ahead of time to avoid delay in your treatment time.
7. Have your questions written down and ready to go!
8. Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 48 hours prior to your appointment, any signs of sun burn will lead to the appointment being rescheduled.
9. Plan your facial around your plans, you should not workout after your treatment, schedule that before your facial!
10. Most clients experience a pink-ish glow after their first treatment, this is very normal as your skin is being introduced to so many new exciting elements. Be prepared to take it easy after a first time treatment, and do not book your first treatment ahead of a big event. Always book in advance to avoid reaction or irritation before an event.